Tuesday, November 29, 2011

CHAMPIONS!

We Won Championships!!!!  After a long season of freezing cold practices and hard work, my team made it to the Championship game and managed to win!  The wind was ridiculous and I believe it was about 10 degrees if that.  We flipped the disc and the Hawks got to decide which side of the field they wanted first.  Obviously, they chose the side that would give them an advantage with the wind's help.  They scored the first point and then we switched sides and we scored the next point.  Every point before half time was scored into the same endzone and we were tied.  During the second half though, we managed to score twice against the wind!!  Because of our strategies and amazing teamwork and skill, we were able to pull it off.  I am so proud of my team and how far we have come.  We are more than just an Ultimate Frisbee team.  We became a support system for each other.  We became best friends.  One of the best practices we ever had was one where we each paired off and talked about the hard things going on in our lives.  It wasn't planned, but we were able to see what the team needed that day.  Being a part of this team and being a leader of it has been one of the most incredible experiences of my life.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Just Won Championships!!!

My college career is coming to an end.  Thanksgiving is now over and there are only two and a half weeks left before graduation.  Ultimate Frisbee is over, work at the ropes course is over, I've found my internship, bought my plane ticket... all I have left to do is pass my finals, find an apartment, and get Christmas Presents!  My internship will be in Warrensburg, MO and I will be working under the director of student activities at the University of Central Missouri. It will include working with a climbing wall, designing outdoor day trips for kids, setting up an ultimate Frisbee competition with other colleges, planning weekend retreats, job shadowing the assistant director of student activities, and tons of other assignments.  I'm actually really excited about this job!  I was originally hoping that I would be able to do more outdoor things, but this encompasses a lot of different things that will be helpful in many future job opportunities.  I think it will be a great experience... I also really miss Missouri, so this will be good.

 I can't remember when exactly this was, but after one snowy day I built my very first snowman! The picture was taken a day late, so he's falling over and missing an eye and his buttons, but it was super exciting!  
My First Snowman


1 comment:

  1. We're so excited for you! I'm glad you got that internship and it really sounds like a lot of fun. Good job on the snowman too... :)

    ReplyDelete