Wednesday, October 26, 2011

1 MONTH + 20 DAYS to go!!! not that I'm counting...

It's my last semester of college and I am losing it! I have not been able to get anything done, and yet I feel so busy ALL THE TIME!!! My classes seem so hard and yet I'm still getting A's somehow. I have no motivation to do anything at all. I don't know why I'm feeling this way. I've stopped caring about homework, and yet I can't help but want to continue getting the good grades I've always gotten without even trying. I still love to learn, but I'm tired of not being able to choose what topics to study. The end of the semester couldn't come sooner for me.

I am a little disappointed to be leaving Rexburg just as other family is finally coming to join me... but I feel that I've been here so long, it's time for me to move on. I'm just glad that I get to enjoy having my sister here for a couple months! That's the longest time I've been with family for several years!

I'm trying to make the most of this last semester. My Ultimate Frisbee team has won all three of our games by quite a lot and we are excited for our upcoming game on Saturday. I have been getting so much better and have been learning new strategies every day! It's so much fun! I hope that maybe I will be able to organize a team wherever I live next or maybe even coach younger kids... that would be fun.

I hardly ever get to work at the ropes course anymore because of the cold weather. I'm going to miss that job a lot. More than the job, I'm going to miss having my own private playground that I can go to and play on whenever I want to and experiment with all the equipment, hehe. :) Halloween is probably going to be my last day of work. We've decorated it to look like the pirate ship from Pirates of the Caribbean.

I'm going to miss having a temple so close by that I am able to attend sometimes more than once a week. I'm going to miss having so many young single adults in one place. I'm going to miss my apartment which I have lived in for seven semesters now. I'm definitely going to miss my roommates too. I've been rooming with some of them for four semesters now and I have really gotten close to a couple of them. They have really blessed my life. And... I'm going to miss my hair... because I'm chopping it all off right after I graduate... just thought you should all know! (:

4 comments:

  1. I remember having many similar feelings when I came to the end of school... You are lucky to have family up there for a little while though. :) how short are you planning on cutting your hair?

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably shorter than you would guess... I might end up looking like a boy. I don't really care though! It will grow back eventually. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. a pixie cut? what's the rope job about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I guess it will be a pixie cut, but pixie cuts all look different to me. It will be pretty short for a pixie cut even...
    The Ropes Course includes a tower that people can climb, a giant swing, and lower course elements like the team wall. All the activities are designed to challenge the participants a little, to get them out of their comfort zone or to learn about things like teamwork, trust, problem-solving, or communication. It's really fun. :)

    ReplyDelete